First Aid Procedures for workplace
Learn basic first aid kit & importance of first aid in workplace by follow first aid tips & first aid guide to assist any person suffering a sudden illness or injury.
First Aid is helps to any person suffering a sudden injury or illness in workplace during workplace by first aid kit’s primary helps given a preserve life or intensification of condition of person who is suffering.
The purpose of the establish & maintain first aid procedures for workplace is to ensure proper & timely first aid i.e. medical aid kit in case of an emergency requirements during working or at workplace to treatment for the person who is suddenly ill or injured. Activities of the first aid kits and maintaining records, medicines, assistances & all the possible assistances & instruction by trainings & effectiveness auditing responsibilities are under human resources department.
Human resource department is responsible for ensuring that first aid instruction & implementation of the procedures by provided proper trainings & auditing effectiveness of the training. For the training & auditing human resource department maintain record as below:
|First Aid Training|
|Sr.||Emp.Code||Emp. Name||Department||Training Description|
|01||EMP 135||Will Smith||Production||First Aid Kit – Full|
|02||EMP 089||Terry Robeson||Quality||First Aid Kit – Full|
|03||EMP 118||Angelica||Quality||First Aid Kit – Full|
First aid kits are deployed at some places of the workplaces, gates or nearest place of working areas to reach immediate to bring suffering person by injury, mostly first aid kit training provided to peoples who are working very close to first aid kit deployment areas & if possible two to five peoples should be proper trained for first aid to treat person in any trainer absents.
Health & Safety, OSHA and government acts requirements are strictly needs to follow as instruction given in its clauses and laws of government, if you are health & safety certified body you have maintain first aid all the process within workplaces, and same having requirement of the governments that if the over the limits of the factory acts or government rule’s over the limit of employees (incl. workmen/staff) that need to proper arrangement of the first aid for the immediate treatments and visits of certified doctor to workplaces in week ( As per government rules / Requirements of the company) is necessary.
All the action on the first aid requirements should be fulfill & all first aid transactions are records in first aid log book to maintain each treatment for the further safety actions. Here as below given example format for first aid log book:
How to Establish & maintain First Aid?
- All the required medicine should be available with first aid kit are deployed in workplace, medicines are maintain as per government rules, kindly read government rules for first aid kit / medical aid kit storage in company.
- In case of the requirement to shift any injured person to out side of the company for the treatment, need to identify outside medical facilities / hospital for any special treatment, mostly companies are tie-up with nearest hospitals, – list of hospital / contact persons of hospitals and concern detailed information should be available with concern person i.e. with fist aid kit.
- All the concern emergency contact numbers & address of approved hospitals list deployed at some areas like main security gate, human resource office etc..
- All the concern peoples should be well trained for the first aid kit & primary treatment.
- In first aid kit, all medicine inventory and its level of reorder and requirements of regulator monitoring should be proper by responsible person.
- Supervisors should be trained for first aid kit or know the personnel list of trained peoples around its workplace for immediate treatment.
- In case of any injury occurred, person should be immediate treated, if need to hospitalize immediate intimation should read to human resource department & concern relatives of the affected person.
- If the reportable accidents happen that need to report immediately as per statutory / regulatory requirements.
EXAMPLES, SAMPLES & FORMATS
You would also like to read: