How to write project planning? – Project Management
What is project?
A Project is a combination of human and non human resources assembled together in a temporary organization to achieve a specific purpose.
The purpose and set of activities, which defines the project, distinguish one project from another. Thus, a project can be possible to simply define as a one short time limited, goal directed, major undertaking and requiring the commitment of varied skills and resources. The success or failure of the project thoroughly depends upon the project management.
Well organized project management
Actually, Project Management is concerned with defining entire activities of project. The activities may includes:
- Maintaining project’s integrity
- Project activities, and
- Normally, project management ensure that a project is completes as under the budget, time.
- Even they measure the performance to comply satisfaction to customers.
The traditional forms of organization and management techniques are not suitable for managing project work effectively because of the distinctive characteristics of a project. Project Management is basically a broader term that takes into account various other aspects such as Project Planning and Project Coordination.
Managing project planning
Project Planning is a vital aspect of Project management and may be defined as a key managerial function which provides the means to cope with a complex, dynamic and ever changing environment. Planning provides the standards and guidelines needed for communicating, coordinating and controlling ongoing projects in the organization. Project Planning serves the following important functions:
- The framework of the project planning may makes a easier to define objectives & policies. Even, it may also supports decisions to be made throughout the life of the project. Project planning ensure that the technical performance objective together with cost standards & time targets are as specified.
- The planning team can ensure all the activities are relating to the project. To achieve the objectives are spelt out with proper descriptions.
- Even, the also ensure that the activities are properly defines schedules & sequences.
- The resources such as manpower, material and equipment are allocated to each of the activities on the basis of information available subject to revision at a later date when more information is available.
- The time and cost required to accomplish each activity and to achieve the objective of the project are estimated.