Chemical Storage Room Safety inspection Checklist
Chemical Storage room is high categories flammables & sensitive for the human body and environment that harm fetal accidents need to daily monitoring and controlling on the activities that cause serious accidents. For the daily monitoring, safety inspection checklist are need to prepared and strongly follows as instructions given, some sample points for the chemical storage room safety inspection checklist as are under:
- Chemicals, Paints materials, Thinners drums or any kindly of chemicals are covered properly?
- Is there cleaning or floors, walls, each corners of storage room?
- Empty drums and tins are storage properly for disposal? Marking on storage area? Disposal of the drums and tins are properly?
- Is there any electrical loose connection? All the electrical connections are flames / weather proof?
- During the observation smells of chemicals are observed? Any open drums or tin that smell comes?
- Chemical storage is rack wise? Incase of rack wise optimum qty is identified and same are followed?
- All the storage chemicals, paint materials, thinners or other liquid’s M.S.D.S. (material Safety Data sheet) is available? Same are displayed on board?
- Fire Extinguishers are available? Easy accessible? Proper fire extinguisher is deployed?
- Sign boards for the chemical rooms? Warning boards? Cautions & instructions are deployed at in side of storage room and same are deployed at out side room at entry?
All above points are general that need to improvement the points as condition of storage room and which types of chemicals are storage at your end, all the chemicals are defiantly harmful for the humans and environments that maximum points and maximum effort to minimize risk levels of the accidents.
To consider serious requirements of the chemical storage room safety, here ready made format are available for the chemical storage room safety inspection checklist: