PRODUCT/PROCESS QUALITY CHECKLIST POINTS
- Is the assistance of the customer’s quality assurance or product engineering activity needed to develop or concur to the control plan?
- Has the supplier identified who will be the quality liaison with the customer?
- Has the supplier identified who will be the quality liaison with its suppliers?
- Has the quality assurance system been reviewed using the Chrysler, Ford, and General Motors Quality System Assessment?
Are there sufficient personnel identified to cover:
- Control plan requirements?
- Layout inspection?
- Engineering performance testing?
- Problem resolution analysis?
Is there a documented training program that:
- Includes all employees?
- Lists whose been trained?
- Provides a training schedule?
Has training been completed for:
- Statistical process control?
- Capability studies?
- Problem solving?
- Mistake proofing?
- Other topics as identified?
- Is each operation provided with process instructions that are keyed to the control plan?
- Are standard operator instructions available at each operation?
- Were operator/team leaders involved in developing standard operator instructions?
Do inspection instructions include:
- Easily understood engineering performance specifications?
- Test frequencies?
- Sample sizes?
- Reaction plans?
Are visual aids:
- Easily understood?
- Dated and current?
- Is there a procedure to implement, maintain, and establish reaction plans for statistical control charts?
- Is there an effective root cause analysis system in place?
- Have provisions been made to place the latest drawings and specifications at the point of the inspection?
- Are forms/logs available for appropriate personnel to record inspection results?
Have provisions been made to place the following at the monitored operation:
- Inspection gauges?
- Gage instructions?
- Reference samples?
- Inspection logs?
- Have provisions been made to certify and routinely calibrate gauges and test equipment?
Have required measurement system capability studies been:
- Are layout inspection equipment and facilities adequate to provide initial and ongoing layout of all details and components?
Is there a procedure for controlling incoming product that identifies:
- Characteristics to be inspected?
- Frequency of inspection?
- Sample size?
- Designated location for approved product?
- Disposition of nonconforming products?
- Is there a procedure to identify, segregate, and control nonconforming products to prevent shipment?
- Are rework/repair procedures available?
- Is there a procedure to re qualify repaired/reworked material?
- Is there an appropriate lot tractability procedure?
- Are periodic audits of outgoing products planned and implemented?
- Are periodic surveys of the quality system planned and implemented?
- Has the customer approved the packaging specification?